Item Number: 16K
Attaching snaps to your clothes is now easy with the Dritz Snap Fastener Easy Attachment Kit. This fastener kit comes complete with snaps as well as the tool required to fasten them. It is a quick and convenient way to attach snaps to your shirts, baby clothes, jackets and accessories such as fabric bags or felt wallets. Easy to use and durably constructed, this snap kit is a valuable addition to your tool kit.
- Applies size #15 and #16 snaps
- Includes 4 size 16 snaps in nickel
Tool can be used to apply Dritz #15, #115, #16 and #116.
Test on swatch of fabric. Use 2 layers of light to medium-weight fabric reinforced with interfacing.
1. Mark position of snaps on overlap and underlap of garment.
2. On right side of garment overlap, push prong(A) into fabric at mark; turn over. TIP: Use pencil eraser to push fabric from wrong side onto prongs.
3. Open both sections of tool. Place prong point side up and fabric in cup marked 15 or 16, according to size of snap.
4. Lower middle section of tool over fabric and place socket raised center side down over fabric and prongs.(A)
5. Bring top down over socket. Pound with hammer several times on raised circle over snap.
6. Repeat for stud and prong on underlap of garment. Make sure stud is on outside of underlap.